Our sandwiches today were: Lemon Pepper Tuna with Guacamole and Tomato with Garlic Spread. Simple but good.
- The Dave’s Killer Bread is 66c per serve
- The Tuna Pouch is 99c or 50c per serve
- The guacamole was $2.99 and we used about 1/3 or 50c per serve
- Five Kumato were $3.49 and we each had one, or 70c per serve
- Add 30c for Garlic Spread.
Two quite good sandwiches for $2.66 per serve.
We’ve not had the White (Ground Pork) Chili since February earlier this year. Normally done with chicken it’s easily adapted to pork. We got three good serves from this batch.
- The ground pork was $8.35 or $2.78 per serve
- The bone broth was $2.99 for one pint, or $1.00 per serve
- White beans are 99c a can or 33c per serve
- The jalapeño chili was 11c or 4c per serve
- The Sweet Onion was $1.49 or 50c per serve
- Add 10c for garlic
- Frozen corn was $1.29 and we used half, or 22c per serve
- Add 75c for seasoning, lime juice, labné and crushed tostadas.
Despite expecting the recipe to thicken with the blended beans, this was a very loose chili, with a texture more like soup! It has a fairly mild flavor, probably because we could only get one jalapeño and no poblano peppers. Quite enjoyable for $5.72 per serve.