We tried the Sweet and Spicy Tuna with Tzatziki Labné, which was okay, but probably needed shallot. The other sandwich of Hummus and Sprouts was very successful.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 66c per serve
- Sweet & Spicy Tuna is $1.00 per serve
- The Tzatziki adds 25c per serve
- The Sprouts are $2.99 and we use ¼ per sandwich, or 38c per serve
- The Hummus was $3.99 and we used ¼ or 50c per serve.
Two decent sandwiches for $2.79 per serve, but the Hummus & Sprouts was definitely the most flavorsome.
Tonight we returned to an old favorite that we haven’t had for nearly two years: Hebrew Temptation, also known as a Smokey Cheese and Pumpkin Slice.
Originally this was a Zucchini Slice, but the Foodies made a few modifications. We use the fat from the bacon as the oil component for this savory cake. It’s name derives from an experience where this dish tempted a Jew because “my wife says I’ve got to try it.”
- Five eggs are 64c per serve
- A cup of Flour adds 9c per serve
- Bacon was $6.99 for the pack or 69c per serve
- Butternut Squash (cubed) was $3.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Add 30c for other ingredients.
An exceptionally flavorsome “cake” for $2.72 per serve.