Instead of bread, we finished cooking some par-backed Panini Rolls and filled them with Old Croc Cheddar and Curry Cauliflower Pickles.
- The Panini Roll is 63c
- The Old Croc is $4.99 and we used half, or $1.25 per serve
- Add 33c for Wildbrine Madras Curry and Cauliflower Sauerkraut salad.
The rolls are always good, and the Cheddar/Pickle combination is a good balance of fat and acid for $2.21 per serve.
Tonight’s Meatless Monday featured Baked Eggplant, Peanut Satay Sauce and a Mung Bean Salad. We chose to bake the eggplant in the oven, instead of the outside grill, but it takes a lot longer!
- The Eggplant was $1.80 or 90c per serve
- The Mung Bean Sprouts were $1.19 and we used half, or 30c per serve
- Add 25c for dressing ingredients
- The peanut butter was $1.99 and we used about 1/2, or 25c a serve
- Other seasonings in the satay sauce add 35c per serve
- Add 50c for marinade ingredients.
As always we really enjoyed this combination for $2.55 per serve.