Back home and for lunch we had Fried Eggs, Jumbo Baked Beans and Bacon on Toast.
- The Dave’s Killer Bread is 33c per serve
- Eggs are 51c each or an average of 77c per serve
- Trader Joes Giant Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce cost $1.99 or $1.00 per serve.
An enjoyable lunch for $2.10 per serve.
Since we had some cubed Pork Shoulder in our meat box, we did a slow cook with mushrooms and red wine and served with Lemon Parmesan Orzo, although we forgot the parmesan!
- The pork was $8.99 or $4.50 per serve
- The pasta was $1.75 or 87c per serve
- Parsley adds 20c per serve
- Lemon Zest and Juice adds 30c per serve
- Red wine adds 50c per serve
- Mushrooms were $2.49 or $1.25 per serve
- Add 25c for other ingredients.
This was excellent. The mushrooms added to the flavor and provided a texture variation. The pork was meltingly tender, probably the best we’ve ever had. Although we forgot the Parmesan the Orzo was a great side. This was probably three serves but we finished it as two, for $7.87 per serve.