For lunch the Foodies decided on Skewers Afghani: Foodie Greg had Falafel while Foodie Philip had Kobide. With tax and tip it was $10.30 per serve.
After our great Pho in Cupertino, we decided to make our own, greatly simplified version: Soba Soup with Shrimp and Greens.
- 1 lb of shrimp is $10.99, or $2.75 per serve
- The Dashi (Kombu and Bonito) was $7.99 and we used 2/7, or $1.14 per serve
- Pastured Eggs are 51c per serve
- Soba Noodles are $3.29 and we used about ⅓ or 55c per serve
- Dandelion Greens were $3.49 and we used half, or 88c per serve
- Add $1.00 for other ingredients.
While not in the same class as on our recent trip, but we enjoyed it and would do it again for $6.83 per serve.