Today we returned to the very successful Hummus & Sprouts paired with a Cheddar and Kumato sandwich.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 66c per serve
- The Sprouts are $2.99 and we use ¼ per sandwich, or 38c per serve
- The Hummus was $3.99 and we used ¼ or 50c per serve
- The Old Croc is $4.99 and we used half, or $1.25 per serve
- Five Kumato were $3.49 and we shared one, or 35c per serve.
Both sandwiches were tasty for $3.14 per serve.
A long time ago we used to make Eggs in Purgatory regularly, but ultimately couldn’t find a really good Tomato Sauce. After discovering the Rao’s Marinara we decided to try their Arrabbiata Sauce, which has a bit of spicy heat to it.
As it turns out, we preferred the Marinara Sauce, which seemed to have more depth of flavor, whereas the Arrabbiata Sauce relied on the heat without the complex tomato flavors of the Marinara.
- At $8.99 or $4.50 per serve, the sauce is not cheap, but it is good
- Pastured Eggs are 51c and we averaged one and a half, or 77c per serve.
An enjoyable meal, and one we’ll definitely repeat with the Marinara Sauce, for $5.27 per serve.