The Foodies were in the West end of Simi Valley for some shopping, so we explored the food nearby and decided on Cienfuego’s Cuban Cafe where we had an excellent Cubano sandwich for $13.78 per serve including tax and tip.
With rain and cold weather all around, we returned to a favorite: Bacon and Black Bean Chili. We will probably get more than the four serves used to calculate the cost.
- The ground beef was $10.34 or $2.59 per serve
- The beans are $1.00 per can and we used two, or 50c per serve
- Canned tomatoes were $1.29 or 32c per serve
- Tomato paste was 79c or 20c per serve
- Bacon is $4.99 for the pack and we used 40%, or 50c per serve
- Add 30c per serve for seasoning
- The avocado was four for $2.99 and we shared one, or 38c per serve
- The labne adds 20c per serve
- The cheddar is $3.99 a block and we used 1/2 or $1.25 per serve.
Definitely a warming and filling chili for $4.99 per serve.