We had planned a food adventure in Moorpark on the way to our favorite nursery, but they no longer serve lunch and we had to “make do” when we got back home with Smoked Trout, Guacamole, & Bean Sprout sandwiches, which turned out really well.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 66c per serve
- The Guacamole Snack Packs are $3.99 for six, and we used one each, or 67c per serve
- The Sprouts are $2.99 and we use ¼ per sandwich, or 38c per serve
- We shared a $3.49 can of Smoked Trout, or $1.75 per serve
- Add 30c for Garlic Spread.
These were so tasty for $3.66 that we hardly missed our fancy Italian lunch!
A new “Fishy Friday” recipe Thai Style Cod à la Nage with Coconut Milk, Lime and Lemongrass, and more Fish Sauce than the recipe calls for!
- The cod fillets were six for $12.99 or $2.17 per serve
- Coconut milk was $1.89 or 95c per serve
- Limes were 68c or 34c per serve
- Sweet onions were $2.49 for six, but we used one, or 21c per serve
- Add 55c per serve for fish sauce, garlic, chili, ginger and seasoning
This dish turned out really well. The poached cod was tender and flakey, with a very flavorsome broth that wasn’t overly spicy. We’ll definitely repeat this one, that cost $4.12 per serve.