Due to some stressful circumstances the Foodies skipped lunch, going straight to a Pot Roast with Swede, Parsnip and Carrot.
We had a 2 lb Chuck Roast in our meat box we decided to try the recipe we really enjoyed last time: Bruce Aidells’ Pot-Roasted Grass-Fed Beef Chuck with Winter Root Vegetables.
- The roast was $20.48 or $5.12 per serve
- Bacon is $4.99 for the pack and we used 40%, or 50c per serve
- Red wine adds $1.00 or 25c per serve
- Onions and garlic add 15c per serve
- Parsnips were $1.29 or 33c per serve
- Rutabaga were $1.48 or 37c per serve
- Carrots were $1.99 but we only used half, or 50c per serve.
This is a very flavorsome pot roast for $7.22 per serve.