For lunch we reheated some French Onion Soup we had in our freezer and served with half a Toasted Swiss Sandwich.
- French onion soup is $1.83 for a lunch serve
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 33c per serve
- Swiss slices are 12 for $3.99 or 34c per serve.
A nice warming soup on a cold day for $2.50 per serve.
Inspired by a somewhat disappointing version of Eggplant with Buttermilk Sauce at a restaurant in Amsterdam, we decided could do better. Unfortunately our Pomegranate Aureoles were past their prime, so we substituted Pickled Onion for crunch and a little acidic edge.
- Eggplant was $3.55 or $1.78 per serve
- Kefier was $3.49 and we used ¼ or 44c per serve
- We used Garlic Spread, at 50c per serve, instead of Fresh Garlic
- Pickled Onions (prepared separately) add about 30c per serve.
The Eggplant was perfectly cooked. The Garlic Kefir (our variation on Buttermilk) Sauce was full of flavor, and blended with the Eggplant to create a completely new flavor. We will definitely repeat this at $3.02 per serve. We definitely did better than the restaurant in Amsterdam.