Once you’ve opened a can of Refried Beans you’re on a count down until they go off, so we decided to create a toasted sandwich version of a Quesadilla.
- The Dave’s Killer Bread is 66c per serve
- One quarter of a can of refried beans, shared across two sandwiches is 13c per serve
- We used one slice of Swiss per serve, or 34c per serve
- Add 50c for Salsa.
Not quite as good as on a Tortilla, but still a pretty good sandwich for $1.63 per serve.
Thursday night returns to being Steak Night with a Rib Eye, served with Crash Hot Potatoes and English Peas. The Foodies were celebrating their 29th Anniversary, so some Brie, Salami, Parma Ham and Grapes, along with fine Sparking White Wine, preceded dinner.
- At 10 oz the NY Strip is $8.22 per serve
- The Potato Medley was $3.49 and we used half, or 88c per serve
- The English Peas were $3.49 and we severed half, or 88c per serve
- The Béarnaise sauce was $3.29 and we used about ⅓, or 55c per serve.
A very fine celebratory meal for $10.53 per serve.