Before lunch we went for a trip to Jon’s Market, where we always pick up a BBQ Chicken and a fresh Baguette. Add a Kumato and some Garlic Spread and it’s a simple, but great sandwich.
- The Baguette is $2.99 and we shared half for lunch, or 75c per serve
- The Chicken is $6.99 and we shared ¼ or 88c per serve
- Five Kumato were $3.49 and we had one each, or 70c per serve
- Add 50c for Garlic Spread.
As always, simple, but great ingredients make a great sandwich for $2.83 per serve.
A quick return to cold weather, and a Fishy Friday, made Cioppino a very attractive option. Tonight we made it with a Clam base with Clams and added Cod for the white fish. We will get at least four serves.
- The cod fillets were six for $12.99 or $2.17 per serve
- The can of Clams and Clam Juice(instead of Fish Stock) was $11.49 or $2.88 per serve
- Fennel bulb at $2 makes for 33c serve
- Onion and Garlic add 10c a serve
- Tomato paste 90c can but only half was used, for 12c serve
- Diced tomatoes in juice – $3.99 or 67c serve
- 1.5 cups dry white wine – about $1 or 16c serve
- We served with the other half of the Baguette for 75c per serve.
While possibly a little Clam heavy, this was very tasty and the Clams were a good addition. A great meal for $7.18 per serve.