Today we decided on a couple of toasted sandwiches to share: Smoked Turkey Breast & Swiss, Lemon Pepper Tuna & Swiss. Both featured Garlic Spread on the bread.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 77c a serve
- Swiss is 34c a serve
- Lemon Pepper Tuna is 99c a pouch, or 50c per serve
- The Smoked Turkey Breast is 58c per serve
- Add 30c for Garlic Spread.
The Lemon Pepper Tuna worked well with the Garlic Spread and was definitely the most successful of the two sandwiches. Satisfying at $2.59 per serve.
Although Thursday night has evolved from Steak Night Thursday Night, to more of “protein featured” Thursday night (mostly) grilled outdoor. Since we had a left over Eggplant we decided to grill it and top with Peanut Sauce.
The challenge with grilling Eggplant is that the flesh side sticks when it comes in contact with the grill bars, but if you don’t turn it – as we did tonight – the bitter liquid pools in the Eggplant in an unpleasant way. We’ve concluded that the best option is sliced rounds in the oven.
- The Eggplant was $2.98, but we only used one, or 75c per serve
- Add 25c for dressing ingredients
- The peanut butter was $1.99 and we used about 1/2, or 25c a serve
- Other seasonings in the Peanut Sauce add 35c per serve
- Add 50c for marinade ingredients
- The Salad was $1.25 per serve.
Most of the Salad was left uneaten as we felt it wasn’t that good. Overall, this was rather an unsuccessful meal. As well as the Salad, the Eggplant had retained the bitter liquid that should have been driven off, and was much less enjoyable than we’ve had in the past. A largely uneaten meal for $3.35 per serve.