For lunch we toasted some Dave’s Killer Bread, layered on some Trader Joe’s Giant Baked Beans and topped with a fried egg.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 39c per slice
- A Pastured Egg is 51c
- Trader Joes Giant Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce cost $1.99 or $1.00 per serve.
A nice change from sandwiches for $1.90 per serve.
Since we get a pound of ground pork in every month’s meat delivery, we turned to Turmeric Coconut Curry with Pork again.
We substituted a salad mix for the cabbage because we have it (and it tastes better).
- The pork came from our meat delivery – 1 lb of ground pork cost $8.31 or $$2.08 per serve
- Add 45c for onion, ginger and turmeric
- Coconut milk was $1.89 or 48c per serve
- Bok Choy was $1.29 and we used half, or 65c per serve
- Almond flakes were $2.49 but we used only 1/5 or 25c per serve
- Add 33c per serve for brown rice
- Add 30c for the salad greens.
Dinner tonight had a good balance of heat. The bok choy provided a nice textural alternative to the pork and rice. A decent meal for $4.54 per serve. We felt the Greek Yoghurt added nothing and we took it off.