I’m not sure if we used going to Home Depot or Lowes just because they’re near the New York Chicken and Gyro, but is a pattern, and once again we had a Lamb Gyro for $8.17 per serve with tax and tip.
While technically we can’t call it Boeuf Bourguignon (Beef Stew with Red Wine, Mushrooms and Bacon)but it is a classic French recipe that we served with Farro. We will get four serves from this meal.
- The beef was around $3.12 per serve
- Carrots were $1.00 or 25c per serve
- A onion was 50c or 13c per serve
- The wine is $1.50 for 1.5 cups or 38c per serve
- Add 50c per serve for seasoning, gelatin, garlic and oils
- The farro was $1.79 for the pack, but we shared ⅓ or 10c per serve.
We really enjoyed this. The gelatin substitutes for slow cooked connective tissue for an unctuous mouth feel, and the slow cook released a lot of flavor. The farro balanced the meat dish perfectly for $4.48 per serve.