I’m not sure if we used going to Home Depot or Lowes just because they’re near the New York Chicken and Gyro, but is a pattern, and once again we had a Lamb Gyro for $8.17 per serve with tax and tip.
We returned to the Hot and Sour Beef Salad but the weather wasn’t conducive to grilling outdoors, so we sous vidé the Flat Iron steak then seared it briefly in our high tech wok, which gets a great crust. We then marinated and served on a bed of Greens and Mint.
- The 8oz is $4.05 per serve
- The Salad Greens mix was $1.99 but we shared half, or 50c per serve
- Limes were 49c for two but we shared one, or 13c per serve
- The Mint was 25c per serve
- Sugar Snap peas were $3.49 but we used ¼ or 44c per serve
- Instead of a Chili we used some Sambal Ulec, which adds 20c per serve.
We really enjoyed this salad. The slight heat in the dressing lifted both steak and salad to another level. An excellent meal for $5.13 per serve.