Today we finished the rest of the Popeye’s Chicken and served with a Mediterranean Crunch Salad kit.
- A nine piece special was $3.40 per serve with tax
- The Salad kit was $1.99 or 50c per serve.
The chicken reheated well, but that was one very boring salad. The chicken made it worthwhile for $3.90 per serve.
Thursday night is traditionally our “Steak Night” although the idea has broadened to be a “protein focused” night. We seared two Top Sirloin Steaks from out meat box and served with Crash Hot Potatoes, and the remainder of the Salad kit.
- The top sirloin from the Keller Crafted delivery was $12.36 or $6.18 per serve
- The remainder of the Salad was 75c after we added some Pomegranate Seeds
- The Potato Medley was $3.49 and we used half, or 88c per serve
- Add 50c for Béarnaise Sauce.
The Steak, Béarnaise Sauce and Crash Hot Potatoes were great, but the Salad remained boring. Still, not a bad meal for $8.31 per serve.