We had planned to take our niece to The Country Deli for lunch, but Coronavirus restrictions meant we got take-out instead. Foodie Philip went for the sandwich version of the Marinated Skirt Steak, while Foodie Greg and niece shared a Turkey Ruben. Lunch at the Deli averaged $22.16 with tax and tip.
Since Côte d’Azur (Cure-All Soup) is basically stock, eggs and cheese, it definitely qualifies as a Meatless Monday meal.
- Six pastured brown eggs are $3.06 or $1.53 per serve
- A whole head of garlic went into the soup: 50c or 25c per serve
- Organic chicken stock was $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Parmesan cost $5.49 and we used it all, or $1.80 per serve.
- Add 40c for herbs, oil and seasonings.
Whether you’re sick or not this is a great soup for $4.98 per serve.