Just because we’re “social distancing” it doesn’t mean we have to eat badly. Today we had Smoked Salmon, Cream Cheese & Kumato on an Everything Bagel.
- Six Bagels were $5.49 or 92c per serve
- Smoked Salmon was $7.99 or $2.67 per serve
- Five Kumato were $3.49 and we had one each, or 70c per serve
- Whipped Cream Cheese is $1.99 or 33c per serve.
A little luxury at home for $4.62 per serve.
Tonight we cooked a very Shrimp heavy Jambalaya.
- Real pork andouille sausage from our local Ralph’s supermarket is $6.99 or $1.40 per serve
- 1 lb of shrimp is $10.99, or $3.67 per serve
- Canned fire roasted tomatoes cost $1.69 or 34c per serve
- Bell pepper was 69c or 15c per serve
- Scallions, onion, garlic and herbs adds 30c per serve
- Tomato paste adds 12c per serve
- Rice adds 33c per serve.
As always a very tasty meal for $6.31 per serve.