The Foodies and Niece went to In and Out Burger for $4.87 per serve with tax.
The American eating experience has to include a meatloaf, so Foodie Greg made our favorite Red Wine and Mushroom Meatloaf, and served with another favorite: Blue Cheese Gnocchi, with Cauliflower Gnocchi.
- The dry aged ground beef was $20.16 or $5.04 per serve
- Sliced portobello mushrooms were $2.49 or 63 per serve
- Onions and garlic add 20c per serve
- Two large eggs are $1.02 or 25c per serve
- The butter is $3.99 per block, and we used about 3/8 for four serves, or 38c per serve
- Red wine adds $1.00 or 25c per serve
- Add 20c for Worcestershire sauce and other spices per serve
- The English Peas were $3.49 and we served half, or 88c per serve
- The gnocchi was $2.69 or 67c per serve
- Blue cheese crumbles were $3.49 and we used half or 44c per serve
- Heavy cream is $3.29 per pint, but we used only ¼ or 21c per serve.
As always a great Meatloaf and side for $9.15 per serve.