As much as we don’t want to be out of the house, we also want to support local restaurants so they stay in business. Today we picked up a Bahn Mi from Pho Saigon 1, for $10.00 with tax and tip.
A Cottage Pie – the beef version of a Shepherd’s Pie – is a warm, filling dish, but it sure makes a lot of dirty dishes! We get four serves from the ‘pie.’
- The ground beef is $10.16 or $2.54 per serve
- The potatoes were $2.20 or 55c per serve
- Add 35c for carrot, onion and celery
- Beef stock is $1.99 but we used ¼ or 13c per serve
- Add 20c per serve for butter
- Add 30c per serve for flour and seasonings.
It was definitely warming and filling for $4.07 per serve. Image coming at the second serving, because they present better!