We’re on a Bagel kick at the moment. Sadly the Brioche Bagels are no longer available, so we’re buying Everything Bagels. Some of our Ham went on the Bagel, with Bavarian Sauerkraut and Melted Swiss.
- The Everything Bagels are $1.99 for six, or 33c per serve
- Swiss adds 34c per serve
- We shared a half serve of our Ham, or 32c per serve
- The Artisanal Kraut is $3.29 per packet and we used about ⅛, or 21c per serve
- Add 40c for Garlic Spread.
Definitely not a Bagel you’d find in a Jewish Deli, but a good sandwich for $1.60 per serve.
Tonight we finished the Spanish Style Meatloaf served with a home made Coleslaw.
- The Meatloaf is $4.11 per serve
- The cabbage was 38c, or 13c per serve
- Add 50c for other Coleslaw ingredients.
Frying the Meatloaf to reheat adds a lot of flavor and texture. This was a pretty good pairing for $4.74 per serve.