For lunch we toasted some Aldi bread, layered on some Trader Joe’s Giant Baked Beans and topped with a fried egg.
- Aldi Bread is 17c per slice
- A Pastured Egg is 51c/$1.02, or 76c on average
- Trader Joes Giant Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce cost $1.99 or $1.00 per serve.
A nice change from sandwiches for $1.93 per serve.
As we haven’t had Australian style rissoles for a while, we prepared a batch and cooked them on a griddle in the grill outside. We got three serves of rissoles.
The salad is “inspired” by the salads the Foodies grew up with: iceberg lettuce, quartered tomato, Kraft (processed) Cheddar and slices of pickled beetroot. We used spinach as the green and Feta as the cheese, but we kept to the spirit of the salad with Pickled Beets.
- Dry aged 85/15 ground beef $8.57 or $2.86 per serve
- 8 oz Panko breadcrumbs are $2.99 and we used half, or 50c per serve
- A pastured egg is 51c or 17c per serve
- The onion is 4c per serve
- Spinach was $1.49 or 38c per serve
- The cherry tomatoes were $2.99 and we used half or 75c per serve
- Pickled beets in vinaigrette are $1.69, of which we used about ⅓ or 28c per serve
- Add 10c for Carolina BBQ sauce.
We agreed that tonight’s Rissoles where the “best ever,” largely attributed to cooking on a griddle over a grill outdoors. A really enjoyable meal for $5.08 per serve.