A cooler day made some toasted sandwiches an attractive proposition, so we toasted our Ham, Swiss & Kumato along with a Sweet & Spicy Tuna, Capers & Swiss.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 74c per serve
- A slice of Swiss is 34c per serve
- Five Kumato were $3.49 and we shared one, or 35c per serve
- The Tuna Pouch is 99c or 50c per serve
- Add 70c for Capers and Garlic Spread.
Two very tasty sandwiches for $2.63 per serve.
Tonight’s dinner is a new recipe for us: One Pot Creamy Ham Mushroom Orzo. We used a Chick Pea and Red Lentil Risoni instead of a wheat pasta. The recipe makes four portions.
- The Baby Bella Mushrooms were $1.99 or 50c per serve
- The Risoni was $2.99 or 38c per serve
- Ham is 27c per serve
- 2oz of Neufchatel is 25c or 7c per serve
- Frozen peas are $1.29 per pack and we used half a cup, or 9c per serve
- Add 10c for Onion and seasoning.
This turned out really well, with a lot of umami flavor, particularly since the Mushrooms were cooked down until they caramelized. The peas were a welcome textural variation not in the original recipe. Overall, a tasty meal for $1.41 per serve.