When we open a can of Smoked Trout, we end up with two sandwiches the same, as we did today. We paired the Trout with Neufchatel and Garlic Spread.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 74c per serve
- We shared a $3.49 can of Smoked Trout, or $1.75 per serve
- Add 50c for Garlic Spread
- Add 25c for Neufchatel Cheese.
A very tasty sandwich for $3.24 per serve.
Tonight we prepared Slow Cooked Mushroom Pot Roast. We will get four serves from this even though our roast is smaller and we skipped the potatoes.
- The roast was $21.76 or $5.44 per serve
- The mushrooms were $2.49 per pack, or 63c per serve
- Carrots were $3.99 and we used half or 50c per serve
- We used beef bone broth that cost $2.99 for the pack, but we used only ¼ or 19c per serve
- The farro was $1.79 for the pack, but we shared ⅓ or 10c per serve
- Add 10c per serve for onion and garlic
- Add 50c per serve for seasonings.
This turned out really well. The beef was fall apart tender and meaty beefy flavor enhanced the broth. A great pot roast for $7.46 per serve.