We tried Portuguese Sardines with high expectations, that were rather dashed in reality.
- The Avocado was 31c or 16c per serve
- Aldi 12 Grain Bread is 44c per serve
- The Sardines were $2.47 or $1.24 per serve
- Garlic Spread adds 50c per serve
An okay sandwich for $2.34 per serve.
We picked up some Lamb Loin Chops from Aldi for a very good price and paired with a Salad of Foodie Greg’s invention: Raspberry, Feta, Radicchio and Mint.
The Lamb Loin Chops were a special buy at Aldi and ⅓ less than we normally pay at Trader Joe’s.
- The Lamb Loin Chops were $7.91 or $3.96 per serve
- Raspberries were $2.70 and we used ½ of the punnet, or 67c per serve
- The Radicchio was $3.49 and we used half, or 87c each
- Mint was $2.49 and we used about 1/5th or 25c per serve
- The French (Valbreso) Feta was $10.99 but we used 1/6 or 92c per serve
- Add 20c for Mixed Greens
- Add 15c for Dressing ingredients.
While it seemed like the Salad was “a lot” every ingredient contributed to the flavor. It paired very well with the Lamb Loin chops for $7.02 per serve.