Because it was a little cooler we did toasted sandwiches for lunch: Ham, Smokey Cheddar & Kumato on one, and Smoked Tuna and Smokey Cheddar on the other.
- Smokey Cheddar is 36c per serve
- Aldi 12 Grain Bread is 44c per serve
- Smoked Tuna Pouch is 99c or 50c per serve
- Five Kumato were $3.49 and we shared one, or 35c per serve
- Black Forest Ham is $3.29 per pack, or 35c per serve
- Garlic Spread adds 50c per serve.
Decent sandwiches for $2.50 per serve.
We returned to the Hot and Sour Beef Salad. We pan seared the Top Sirloin, then sliced it and dumped tin the Marinade and served on a bed of Greens and Mint.
- The Top Sirloin from the Keller Crafted delivery was $12.36 or $6.18 per serve
- The Salad Greens mix was $1.99 but we shared half, or 50c per serve
- Limes were 49c for two but we shared one, or 13c per serve
- Mint was $2.49 and we used about 1/5th or 25c per serve
- Sugar Snap peas were $3.49 but we used ¼ or 44c per serve
- The Bell Pepper was 16c or 8c per serve
- Instead of a Chili we used some Sambal Ulec, which adds 20c per serve.
We really enjoyed this salad. The slight heat in the dressing lifted both steak and salad to another level. An excellent meal for $7.78 per serve.