Since it was Sunday and very cloudy and overcast, we decided on Bacon, Eggs & Jumbo Beans on Toast.
- The Dave’s Killer Bread is 37c per serve
- Eggs are 51c each or an average of 77c per serve
- Trader Joes Giant Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce cost $1.99 or $1.00 per serve.
A good meal for $2.14 per serve.
Tonight we chopped up a Chuck Roast into chunks and cooked as a Beef Massaman Curry. We served with Brown Rice.
We will have meat left over.
- The beef was $8.84, or $4.42 per serve
- The curry is $3.38 per can or $1.69 per serve
- Coconut milk is $1.69 per can or 85c per serve
- Peanuts were $2.99 but we only used half, or 75c per serve
- Carrots add 37c per serve
- Peal onion adds 20c per serve
- Brown Rice adds 34c per serve.
We should have added the Peanuts, Carrots and Pearl Onions later in the cook, so the retained more structure, but it was a great curry for $8.62 per serve.