Today we shared an Egg Salad & Sprouts sandwich, and a Ham & Sauerkraut Sandwich.
- Aldi 12 Grain Bread is 44c per serve
- The Artisanal Kraut is $3.29 per packet and we used about ⅛, or 21c per serve
- Black Forest Ham is $3.29 per pack, or 35c per serve
- Egg Salad is $3.69 and we use about ¼ for each sandwich, or 46c per serve
- Sprouts add 30c per serve
- Garlic Spread adds 40c per serve.
Not a bad lunch for $2.16 per serve.
For dinner tonight we returned to the Hot and Sour Beef Salad. We pan seared the Top Sirloin, then sliced it and dumped tin the Marinade and served on a bed of Greens, Bell Pepper and Mint.
- The top sirloin from the Keller Crafted delivery was $12.36 or $6.18 per serve
- The Salad Greens mix was $1.99 but we shared half, or 50c per serve
- Limes were 49c for two but we shared one, or 13c per serve
- Mint was from our garden
- The baby Bell Peppers are 16c each or 32c per serve
- Instead of a Chili we used some Sambal Ulec, which adds 20c per serve.
We really enjoyed this salad. The slight heat in the dressing lifted both steak and salad to another level. An excellent meal for $7.23 per serve.