We tested out some par-baked Ciabatta Rolls (from Aldi) by filling with Sliced Ham & Coleslaw from Mr Fish & Chips.
- The Ciabatta par-bake was $2.69 or 45c per serve
- Coleslaw adds 58c per serve
- Ham is $2.69 or 54c per serve.
While we followed the instructions, the rolls had not developed a good crust in the recommended time. We will do better next time as the rolls are worth a repeat. Overall, a decent sandwich for $1.57 per serve.
One of our favorite ‘Fishy Friday’ meals is the Smoked Salmon Pizza, tonight with extra Shallot.
- The Smoked Salmon Pieces where $5.49 for 8oz, and we only served six, or $2.58 per serve
- The Pizza Dough was $1.29, or 65c per serve
- We used semi dried Cherry Tomatoes for 60c per serve
- About two ounces of Neufchatel went on each Pizza, or 25c per serve
- Add 30c for Capers and Shallot.
While we still haven’t been successful getting our pizzas to stay round, they are tasting very good. Budget extravagance for $4.38 per serve.