Since we had some the the Apple Sauerkraut Salad left over, we added Ham and made sandwiches.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 74c per serve
- Black Forest Ham is $3.29 per pack, or 66c per serve
- The Apple was 79c or 10c per serve
- The Artisanal Kraut is $3.29 per packet and we used about ⅛, or 21c per serve
- Add 40c for Garlic Spread.
A pretty good sandwich for $2.11 per serve.
Being Thursday night our ‘steak’ was a Dry Aged New York Strip that we seared in our high tech wok and served with Slow Cooked Broccoli. The wok gets an excellent sear on the outside of the steak, and uses a lot less energy than heating the grill.
- The NY Strip Steak was $20.18 or $10.09 per serve
- The Organic Broccoli was $2.79 or $1.40 per serve
- Shallots and Garlic add 25c per serve
- The Valbreso Feta was $10.99 but we used 1/6 each or $1.83 per serve
- The Béarnaise sauce was $3.29 and we used about ⅓, or 55c per serve.
It’s hard to go past a good steak, perfectly cooked, for $14.12 per serve.