We took some of the Village Bread from last night, topped one slice with the spreadable Smoked Gouda & Apple, and the other with Liverwurst & Shallot.
- The “German Bread” was $2.99 for seven slices, and we used three, or 43c per serve
- The spreadable Smoked Gouda came in a gift basket
- Apple adds 17c per serve
- Liverwurst adds 56c per serve
- Shallot adds 10c per serve.
The Apple & Smoked Gouda worked particularly well, but both were good for $1.26 per serve.
We decided to experiment with a Spicy Mango and Ginger Soup. We added more Ginger and Pepper Flakes than the recipe called for, which boosted the flavor.
- Mangos were 29c each, or 29c per serve
- Ginger adds 30c per serve
- Add 30c for other ingredients.
This was another testament to the value of good ingredients in simple food. The 29c Mango deal from Aldi made this very tasty soup, only 89c per serve.