A couple of toasted sandwiches on a relatively cool day: Tomato & Swiss, Smoked Cheddar & Apple.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 74c per serve
- Apple adds 17c per serve
- Swiss adds 34c per serve
- The Tomato adds 30c per serve
- Add 40c for Garlic Spread.
Two good toasted sandwiches for $1.95 per serve.
Since we had some Ground Lamb we decided to revisit the Soutzoukakia, but with a Green Salad (with some Feta) and Dolma’s. We get three serves from the Soutzoukakia.
- Australian Ground lamb was $5.99 at Aldi or $2.00 per serve
- An egg is 51c or 17c per serve
- 8 oz Panko breadcrumbs are $2.99 and we used half, or 25c per serve
- Cotija cheese, substituting for Parmesan is $3.99 for 8oz and we shared 2 oz or 50c per serve
- 1/4 cup and a tablespoon of red wine – halved – is 34c per serve
- Stuffed Eggplant Dolmas were $2.79 or 93c per serve
- Fried Eggplant (canned) was $2.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Parsley was $1.49 for the bunch, but we only used 1/4 or 13c per serve
- Fresh mint came from our garden
- The Garden Salad adds 80c per serve, because of the Feta.
A very satisfying and tasty meal for $6.12 per serve.