After a break we returned to the Trader Joe’s Egg Salad as a sandwich ingredient.
- The Dave’s Killer Bread is 74c per serve
- Smokey Cheddar was $2.69 for 10 slices, or 54c for two slices
- Five Kumato were $3.49 and we used one each, or 70c per serve
- Egg Salad is $3.69 and we use about ¼ for each sandwich, or 46c per serve
- Sprouts add 30c per serve
- Add 40c for Garlic Spread
Two quite good sandwiches shared for $3.35 per serve.
Foodie Greg missed the Seared Scallops with Chorizo and Corn back in January, when we last cooked this, as he was recovering from a short illness. So we’re back to it tonight.
- The frozen “dry packed” Scallops were $9.69, or $4.85 per serve
- The Chorizo was $5.75 but we used ½ in the recipe, or $1.43 per serve
- Scallions were 44c per serve
- Three Cobs of Corn were $1.50, or 75c per serve
- Add 20c for other ingredients.
The Scallops were excellent (thanks Aldi) and the Chorizo Corn was good, but not awesome. A very tasty meal for $7.67 per serve.