We had a little Bacon left, so we fried up the last two strips. When ready we added the Eggs, scrambled them and served on a Brioche Bagel.
- The Brioche Bagel is 58c
- Two Pastured Eggs are $1.02 per serve
- Bacon was $4.99 and we used two of 10 slices, or 25c per serve
- Add 15c for Butter on the other half Bagel.
An enjoyable and tasty lunch, topped with Everything but the Bagel seasoning, for $2.00 per serve.
We picked up an eight bone Rack of Lamb on special at Aldi, which we halved so we can share across two meals. Each serve will be a generous eight ounces of protein.
After we sous vide the Lamb to what turned out to be a little lower temperature than we will next time, we fried off the fat to create a nice crust.
- The eight bone Rack of Lamb was $20.53 or $5.13 per serve
- The Broccoli was $2.73 or $1.37 per serve
- The Feta was $6.99 and we used about ⅓, or $1.17 per serve
- Add 25c for Onion and seasoning.
The Lamb had great flavor and was very tender. While not a perfect pairing the Slow Cooked Broccoli was still tasty. A very good meal for $7.92, largely thanks to that great price on Rack of Lamb at Aldi.