We still have some Apple & Sauerkraut Salad, so we paired that with Deli Ham in our first shared sandwich. The other was a simple Apple & Smokey Cheddar.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 74c per serve
- Black Forest Ham is $3.29 per pack, or 66c per serve
- The Apple was 79c or 10c per serve
- The Artisanal Kraut is $3.29 per packet and we used about ⅛, or 21c per serve
- Add 40c for Garlic Spread.
Both sandwiches were pretty good for $2.11 per serve.
In our attempt to support local restaurants, but not eat out, we’re buying in every alternate Thursday. We are limiting ourselves to meals that we know will travel well.
Tonight was a return to Gus’ BBQ, for the same Half Chicken and Two Meats deal. Disappointed with the sides last time we chose Mashed Potato and Coleslaw with this meal.
The Brisket was more tender than last time, but the Chicken was most definitely way overdone. This choice of sides was much more satisfactory, but the inconsistency is a problem.
While Gus’ sells this as a meal for one, we shared it for $17.70 per serve.