We added Refried Beans, Smokey Cheddar and Scrambled Eggs to Tostada.
- Eggs are $1.02 per serve
- Tostados were $1.39 for 21, or 13c per serve
- Smokey Cheddar was $2.69 for 10 slices, or 27c per serve
- Refried Beans add 25c per serve
- Add 30c for Salsa.
These weren’t as successful an imitation of Heuvos Rancheros as we’d hoped, but they were still tasty for $1.97 per serve.
Tonight we revisited the Turmeric Coconut Curry with Pork and Brown rice that we’ve been ignoring for quite a while!
- The pork came from our meat delivery – 1 lb of ground pork cost $8.31 or $$2.08 per serve
- Add 45c for onion, ginger and turmeric
- Coconut milk was $1.89 or 48c per serve
- The Nappa Cabbage was $3.57, but we used about ⅛ or 22c per serve
- Almond flakes were $2.49 but we used only 1/5 or 25c per serve
- Baby Bell Peppers add 32c per serve
- Mint came from our garden
- Add 33c per serve for brown rice.
This turned out to be an okay meal for $4.13 per serve.