For lunch we shared a can of Fall Harvest Vegetable Soup we purchased from Aldi and imported from Germany. The can is $1.99 or $1.00 per serve.
Since we discovered high quality frozen Scallops at an affordable price at Aldi, we’ve been eating them more regularly, and why not! Tonight we paired it with a different Corn side: Maque Choux.
- The frozen “dry packed” Scallops were $9.69, or $4.85 per serve
- Frozen Corn adds 40c per serve
- Onion adds 10c per serve
- Bell Pepper adds 32c per serve
- Canned Tomato adds 50c per serve
- Heavy cream was $1.79 and we used 1/3 or 30c per serve
- Add 20c for other ingredients.
The Maque Choux had a nice blend of sweetness with a little sharpness from onion and garlic. A great meal for $6.67 per serve.