Today’s lunch was again dictated by the Avocado ripening, so paired with Smoked Trout, we made some sandwiches.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 74c per serve
- We shared a $3.49 can of Smoked Trout, or $1.75 per serve
- The Avocado was 51c or 26c per serve
- Add 30c for Alfalfa Sprouts
- Garlic Spread adds 50c per serve.
A decent sandwich for $3.55 per serve.
Taking advantage of what is probably the last opportunity of the grilling season, we prepared Beef Rissoles with that Australian inspired Salad of Pickled Beets and Cheddar. Our third serve becomes sandwich filling.
- Dry aged 85/15 ground beef $8.57 or $2.86 per serve
- 8 oz Panko breadcrumbs are $2.99 and we used half, or 50c per serve
- A Pastured Egg is 42c or 14c per serve
- The onion is 4c per serve
- Spinach was $1.49 or 38c per serve
- Pickled beets in vinaigrette are $1.69, of which we used about ⅓ or 28c per serve
- We used about ⅓ of the $5.75 Caramelized Onion Cheddar, or 96c per serve
- Add 10c for Carolina BBQ sauce.
We skipped the Cherry Tomatoes in tonight’s Salad, because we had sufficient with Beets and Cheddar. A favorite meal for $5.39 per serve.