Our plan to up our take-out consumption during this “at home” conference week. We would be in Cupertino for this conference, eating out at lunch and dinner, so while the conference is virtual, we decided the eating should be as close as possible. Except most of our planned restaurants are closed on a Monday! So we improvised with a Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato & Avocado on a Brioche Bagel.
- The Brioche Bagel is 58c per serve
- Bacon was $4.99 and we used four of 10 slices, or $1.00 per serve
- Half a 49c Avocado is 25c per serve
- Five Kumato were $3.49 and we used one, or 70c per serve
- Add 30c for Butter Lettuce.
A great substitute for take out, although we felt the Avocado did not add anything to the sandwich, but otherwise great for $2.83 per serve.
For tonight’s Meatless Monday we did a vegetarian Quesadilla Heuvos Rancheros.
- The Tortillas were six for $1.99 and we shared two, or 33c per serve
- Half a can of refried beans, shared across two halves is 26c per serve
- We used two slices of Swiss per serve, or 68c per serve
- Two Pastured Eggs add 84c per serve
- Add 50c for Salsa.
The Roasted Tomato Salsa really lifts this to something quite tasty for $2.61 per serve.