For lunch we replicated the sort of “pre dinner” Thanksgiving ‘Pou Pous’ of previous years, by laying out Caramelized Onion Dip, Endive, some very ripe Brie, Raspberries, Cheddar & Chicken Liver Paté.
Grazing meals are very hard to calculate, but average out around $8.00 per serve.
Foodie Greg decided to make a Beef Bourguignonne Pie for our Thanksgiving dinner, starting the night before making the Bourguignonne filling using Top Sirloin from our meat box. As we prepared to assemble it was obvious it was a full on pastry crusted Meat Pie, just a little larger at four huge servings. It would probably feed six comfortably.
- The top sirloin from the Keller Crafted delivery was $24.16 or $6.04 per serve
- Mushrooms were $2.69 or 68c per serve
- The Puff Pastry was $3.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Frozen pearl onions are $1.69 but we only used ¼ of the pack, or 11c per serve
- Add 65c for Egg Wash and other Gravy ingredients
- The Green Beans were $2.99 or 75c per serve.
An intensely flavorsome Pie that was worth the effort, for $9.23 per serve.