Normally we’d coordinate a trip to Lowes or Home Depot with a trip to our favorite Gyro outlet, New York Chicken and Gyro, but the order I placed was cancelled through lack of stock, so we went for the Gyro anyway, for $8.17 per serve with tax and tip.
Our Fishy Friday was moved to Saturday this week (and Meatless Monday from next week was last night), and tonight we returned to the Poke Bowl with Ahi Tuna from Aldi.
- 12 oz Tuna was $5.19, or $2.60 per serve
- Avocados were 30c per serve
- Brown Rice adds 33c per serve
- Cucumber adds 40c per serve
- Add 30c for Pickled Ginger
- Add 50c for Dressing ingredients.
Thanks to the excellent deal on Ahi Tuna at Aldi, this is both luxurious, and inexpensive at $4.32 per serve.