Once again we had some homemade Sourdough from a neighbor, so we sliced and toasted it before topping with Giant Baked Beans, Fried Eggs & Bacon.
- The Giant Baked Beans are $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Eggs are 84c per serve
- Bacon was $4.99 and we used three of 10 slices, or 75c per serve
- The Sourdough was free.
A great brunch for $2.59 per serve.
A new recipe for us: Quick Green Chili, which makes four serves. We blended in a can of White Beans for extra fiber.
- The ground pork was $8.35 or $2.09 per serve
- Chicken broth is $1.99 or 50c per serve
- White beans are 99c a can or 25c per serve
- The Tomatillo were 63c or 16c per serve
- The Anaheim Chili was 40c or 10c per serve
- Two Jalapeño Peppers were 26c or 7c per serve
- Cilantro was 25c or 8c per serve (and we kept it in the recipe this time)
- Add 75c per serve for other ingredients
- Tostadas add 15c per serve.
This turned out better than the White Chili from earlier in the month because it had a lot more depth of flavor from the roasted Peppers and Tamatillos. Thanks to the Peppers it had an enjoyable heat to it. Pretty decent for $4.15 per serve.