In an Avocado, Smoked Trout & Sprout sandwich, the Trout provides flavor, the Sprouts crunch, and the Avocado becomes a dressing.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 74c per serve
- We shared a $3.49 can of Smoked Trout, or $1.75 per serve
- The Avocado was 51c or 26c per serve
- Add 30c for Alfalfa Sprouts
- Garlic Spread adds 50c per serve.
A quite decent sandwich for $3.55 per serve.
Having acquired Ground Lamb for a good price at Aldi, we decided on Soutzoukakia again.
- Australian Ground lamb was $5.99 at Aldi or $2.00 per serve
- An egg is 51c or 17c per serve
- 8 oz Panko breadcrumbs are $2.99 and we used half, or 25c per serve
- Cotija cheese, substituting for Parmesan is $3.99 for 8oz and we shared 2 oz or 50c per serve
- 1/4 cup and a tablespoon of red wine – halved – is 34c per serve
- Stuffed Eggplant Dolmas were $2.79 or 93c per serve
- Fried Eggplant (canned) was $2.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Parsley was $1.49 for the bunch, but we only used 1/4 or 13c per serve
- Fresh mint came from our garden
- The Garden Salad adds 80c per serve, because of the Feta.
We’ve enjoyed this every time we’ve had it, and tonight was no exception. A very good dish for $6.12 per serve.