The Foodies were running an important errand around lunch time, so didn’t eat until snacking mid afternoon for about $1.00 each.
A return to the Soutzoukakia with Dolma, Hummus and Tabouli. We get three serves from this recipe.
- Australian Ground lamb was $5.99 at Aldi or $2.00 per serve
- An egg is 51c or 17c per serve
- 8 oz Panko breadcrumbs are $2.99 and we used half, or 25c per serve
- Cotija cheese, substituting for Parmesan is $3.99 for 8oz and we shared 2 oz or 50c per serve
- 1/4 cup and a tablespoon of red wine – halved – is 34c per serve
- Parsley was $1.49 for the bunch, but we only used 1/4 or 13c per serve
- Fresh mint came from our garden
- Stuffed Eggplant Dolmas were $1.79 or 60c per serve
- The Tabouli is $2.99 and we served half, or 36c per serve
- Hummus is 55c per serve.
An excellent meal, as always, for $4.90 per serve.