A simple lunch of two shared sandwiches: Branston Pickle & Chedder, Hummus & Sprouts.
- The Aldi Bread is 53c per serve
- Branston Pickle adds about 40c per serve
- The Cheddar was from Aldi was $3.59 and we shared about 1/3, or 60c per serve
- Add 30c for Sprouts
- Add 30c for Hummus.
A satisfactory lunch for $2.13 per serve.
Tonight we turned to Shepherd’s Pie, swapping our Meatless Monday soup to tomorrow where we anticipate being without Grid power and want to avoid using an oven. Plus, we still had that Mashed Potato to use.
We’ve mostly done Cottage Pie – the beef version of a Shepherd’s Pie – but a true Lamb Shepherd’s Pie is a warm, filling dish. We get four serves.
- The Ground Lamb is $5.99 or $1.50 per serve
- The Bob Evans Mashed Potato was $2.95 and we used the remaining ⅔, or 25c per serve
- Add 35c for carrot, onion and celery
- Beef stock is $1.99 but we used ¼ or 13c per serve
- Add 20c per serve for butter
- Add 30c per serve for flour and seasonings.
Foodie Philip may have had more than one serve, because this Shepherd’s Pie turned out to be very tasty. Unfortunately it was not a pretty plate, so no photo was taken. An ugly, but very tasty meal for $2.73 per serve.