Today’s lunch was almost a repeat of yesterdays, but with Hummus instead of Tabouli.
- Soutzoukakia is $3.99 per serve, and we shared a half serve, or $1.00 each
- A Panini Roll is 63c
- The hummus is 25c per serve.
Again a very tasty lunch for $1.88 per serve.
The last time we had this meatloaf, the Foodies wrote:
The worst thing about ground turkey is that it is lacking in fat. This is considered a virtue by those who got the (completely wrong) message that there is something wrong with fats. But, add enough bacon to bring the combined result to 85% lean, 15% fat, and you have a winner.
We created this recipe, with the addition of half a can of chipotle and it’s pretty good. Tonight’s result was particularly light in texture and made four serves.
- Ground turkey cost $3.59 or 90c per serve
- Bacon adds 60c per serve
- A can of chipotle is $1.50 and we used half, or 38c per serve
- Add 65c for onion, breadcrumbs and seasonings
- The gravy was $1.69 or 80c per serve (we used it all)
- The Bob Evans Mashed Potato was $2.95 and we used ⅓, or 49c per serve
- Mushrooms and Beans add 85c per serve.
A really satisfying Meatloaf and, generally, comfort food for $4.67 per serve.
For those wondering about the image: it was an experiment with lighting and an iPhone as my regular camera had no battery charge.