We had some Chorizo on hand, so we added Smokey Cheddar and Roasted Bell Pepper to make a great melt.
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 74c per serve
- Smokey Cheddar is 68c per serve
- The Chorizo was $5.38 after all discounts and we used half, or $1.35 per serve
- Add 50c for Garlic Spread
- Fire Roasted Peppers cost $1.99 and we used half, or 50c per serve.
The flavors blended to create something completely new and unexpected, in a good way, for $3.77 per serve.
Tonight we tried a new recipe for New England Baked Beans, to which we added some Bacon and Fried Eggs.
- Pinto Beans were $1.29 and we used half or 16c per serve
- Bacon is $6.99 and we used about ⅓, or 58c per serve
- Add 80c per serve for other ingredients
- Dave’s Killer Bread is 33c per slice
- Two Eggs add 96c per serve.
This is a very simple recipe, and we had to boil it down to the right consistency, but it generated a lot of flavor for $2.83 per serve.