We had some Hammon (City Ham) in our Charcuterie, so we finished cooking half a Baguette, brushed it with Olive Oil, added Fire Roasted Peppers and Smokey Cheddar for a new flavor profile that riffs on the Chorizo & Fire Roasted Pepper combo of yesterday.
- With all discounts taken into account the Hammon was 85c per serve
- Smokey Cheddar is 34c per serve
- The Baguette was 38c per serve
- Add 30c for Olive Oil.
This turned out really well for $1.83 per serve. The balance between the ingredients was very good and the combination was better than the sum of the ingredients.
We had a Grass Fed Chuck Roast so we cut it up into some larger chunks, for later use, and smaller pieces for tonights meal.
- The Chuck Roast was $18.22 or $4.56 per serve
- The curry is $3.38 per can or $1.69 per serve
- Coconut milk is $1.69 per can or 85c per serve
- Peanuts were $2.99 but we only used half, or 75c per serve
- Carrots add 37c per serve
- Peal onion adds 20c per serve
- The Medley of Baby Potatoes was $2.69 and we used ⅓, or 45c per serve.
We noticed no difference between the Keller Crafted and the Aldi Simply Nature grass fed Beef. We had a delicious, flavorsome curry for $8.87 per serve.