We had a Baguette from Trader Joes, that we packed with the reheated remains Soutzoukakia serve.
- The Baguette was $1.99 and we used 60% for lunch, or 60c per serve
- A serve of the Soutzoukakia was $3.39 or $1.70 each today.
The Baguette could have done with 5 minutes in the oven, despite not being par-baked, but otherwise it tasted great, for $2.30 per serve.
We took the remaining Caramelized Onion, added Red Wine and Stock and some seasoning to make a great French Onion Soup. We toasted two slices of bread, and spread one of them generously with the Delice de Bourgogne, topped with the other slice and cut in half as a ‘toastie.’
The Delice de Bourgogne is too soft to stand toasting in a classic toastie style.
- The Delice de Bourgogne was $5.38 and we shared ⅓ , or 45 per serve
- A slice of Dave’s Killer Bread is 37c
- Caramelized Onion adds 90c per serve
- Add 30c for other seasoning.
The soup turned out to have great depth of flavor for $2.02 per serve.